Saturday, March 18, 2006

Blogs - The best thing to happen in my life

I have been reading blogs for over 2 years now. As a kid I was not a big fan of reading, though that was the first thing I would claim as to be my hobby (to sound cool). As a kid, I would rather spend my time watching/playing cricket and movies than getting myself lost in a fat, heavy book. Books were thrust into my hands only by force and my experience of reading was mostly limited to the boring text books. So I was completely unaware of the pleasure and wisdom derived from this act, until my adulthood.

Thanks to the Internet and a few wise and well informed co bloggers, I started to explore a new avenue of pleasure. I owe a lot of information that I am aware of today, to the courtesy of a few bloggers. Naming all of them is not a trivial effort, so I will limit myself to the top 3 whose updates I never miss reading. You can find the links for these blogs in the must read section.


3. Youth Curry: This is written by Rashmi Bansal and was one of the earliest blogs I book marked for regular reading. Being an young guy myself, ( some of my younger friends may tend to disagree with this claim) I find most of her posts very interesting and informative. I like the ones she wrote about making career choices and the difference of perpectives for a girl and a guy about the most taboo subject for we indians, sex.

2. Random thoughts of a demented mind: This is a unique blog on the web and a masterpiece. It is written by great bong who has an amazing sense of humour. I must have read all the archives atleast more than once. Post after post he dishes out humourous, most of the times satirical articles and reviews of a few chosen bollywood movies. He gets the credit to bring upon me the wisdom of Mithunism. Calling him a great bong is an understatement, he should have been called " The greatest living bong" (of course after Mithun Da).

1. Deesha: This is a blog written by Atanu Dey. He mostly writes articles about economics and a few on spirutuality. His writing definitely taught me a whole new perspective of life. The blogs under the section "Letters to Abhisek" are my favourites

Thank you guys for all the blogs ... and Please keep them coming

No comments: