Thursday, March 16, 2006

Indian Restaurants in Silicon Valley

I lived in San Jose - Santa Clara for nearly 4 years now. During these 4 years I have had the oppurtunity to visit many Indian restaurants thriving in this part of the Bay Area. This attempt of mine is to recollect my experiences at these restaurants

1. Madras cafe in Sunnyvale: A vegetarian place and was inexpensive a few months ago. Now the prices have been hiked and hence not as attractive as it once was. But I must say, I tasted the best sambar (other than my mother's) here. A big thumbs up to their sambar.

2. Swati Tiffins, Santa Clara: As the name suggests its more a tiffin center than a restaurant. Relatively inexpensive and tasty food. Lots of varieties too.

3. Sneha : A restaurant that serves both vegetarian and non vegetarian food. I havent visited this place for nearly 6 months now. but my last two visits before that left a bad taste in my mouth.

4. Saravana Bhavan: Nice place for a good traditional south indian meal. But it is a little harsh on your vallet.

5. KababnCurries, Santa clara: Their dum biryani is very good and I am a big fan of their lamb Korma. But the seating is lousy and not a very comfortable place to enjoy your meal. The buffet at lunch is very good and relatively inexpensive.


...................To be continued

No comments: